Library Card Applications
Any Virginia resident may obtain a library card. Applications for anyone under 18 years of age must have the signature of a parent or guardian. All adult applicants must provide a photo ID and address verification, which can include a license, a check, a bill or an envelope from a piece of mail delivered to your home.
Hampton Public Library location.
Under-18s & Internet Safety
Things to Remember
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have a library card to use the internet computers at the library.
- Never share personal information about yourself over the internet without a parent's permission.
- If you see anything online that makes you uncomfortable, tell your parents or the library staff.
- Teen internet safety
For Your Information
- The library uses software called a filter to focus internet use on sites appropriate to our educational mission. If you have difficulty finding the information you want, please ask the staff for help.
- "Chat rooms" are not available on library computers.
- Library policy is formulated to make best use of the library's internet capability in support of our educational mission and to allocate this limited resource equitably among library members.
- While the library does use software which attempts to focus internet use on sites more appropriate to our educational mission and charges employees to provide casual monitoring of patrons' internet use, parents assume ultimate responsibility for their children's use of the internet.
Acceptable Use Policy
View excerpts from the Hampton Public Library Internet Acceptable Use Policy.