Feb. 3, 2017 - Hampton City Manager Mary Bunting wants to hear from Hampton residents as she and her team begin to develop budgets -- both capital and operating -- that will carry the city through the next fiscal year and beyond. Read on...
Feb. 22, 2017 - In the first of three public input sessions intended to guide formation of the city's budget for the next year, City Manager Mary Bunting offered citizens a look at the process and took questions and comments. Read on...
Establishes and maintains a comprehensive budget system and provides financial management information to the city manager and City Council so that sound financial decisions can be made. In addition, the Budget Office prepares the annual operating and capital budgets for submission by the city manager to the City Council.
Budget information for Fiscal Year 2017
- FY17 Council Approved Budget (large file; may be slow to download)
- FY17 Manager's Message (budget overview)
- Watch video of Manager's message
- FY17 City Manager's Recommended Budget
- FY17 Debt Services
- FY17 Compliance with Financial Policies
- FY17 Comparative Data
- FY17 I Value citizen input
Previous years' budgets
- Annual budgets since FY09
Capital Improvement Plan
This is a five-year schedule for maintenance of public property, master plan initiatives, neighborhood support, education, economic development and other major improvements that support making Hampton the “Most Livable Community in Virginia”
- FY 2017 - 2021 Manager’s Recommended Capital Improvement Plan
- FY 2017 - 2021 Proposed Capital Improvement Plan (presented to Planning Commission April 7, 2016)
- FY 2016 - 2020 Council Approved Capital Improvement Plan
- FY 2015 - 2019 Council Approved Capital Improvement Plan
- FY 2014 - 2018 Council Approved Capital Improvement Plan