Hampton Leadership Academy
Become a better leader in your neighborhood by learning from others and developing new community networks! Discover new ways to improve and support your neighborhood.
- Veterans, the elderly, disabled and low-income homeowners in the Northampton area near Headrow Terrace and Cynthia Drive are encouraged to sign up for the next Hampton Home Repair Blitz. Volunteers are also needed for the May 5 event.
- What makes Hampton such a unique and livable city? Spend a day with some of the city’s top leaders and learn valuable information about the community during Hampton 101 at Sandy Bottom Nature Park on March 29, from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Read on...
Jan. 17, 2018 - Nominations are now being accepted for the You Make A Difference Awards, honoring people, organizations and projects that make a difference in Hampton. Read on...
About Hampton Leadership Academy
This 3-week session is filled with opportunities to become a better leader in your neighborhood, learn from others, and develop networks within the community.
- Introduction to Asset Based Community Development
- Recruiting and Organizing Neighbors
- Discovering Tools and Resources
- Value of Youth Engagement
- Partnering for Neighborhood Success
- Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Hampton Leadership Academy is a six session program designed to foster leadership, communication and networking skills and to increase participation in neighborhood activities in the City of Hampton.
Enrollment is limited to 30 participants who are willing to invest their time, talent and energy in making Hampton Neighborhoods better places to live, work, play, worship and do business.