Military, Veteran & Family Resources
Government Resources: Veterans & Active-Duty Military
- U. S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- A government department with cabinet-level status that provides a comprehensive system of assistance for Veterans of the United States. The Department has three main subdivisions: Veterans Health Administration, Veterans Benefits Administration, and National Cemetery Administration.
- Veterans Health Administration
- The United States’ largest integrated health care system consisting of medical centers, community-based outpatient clinics, community living centers, Vet Centers and Domiciliaries.
- Hampton VA Medical Center
- The Hampton VA Medical Center provides health care services to Veterans in eastern Virginia, and northeastern North Carolina., including comprehensive primary and specialty care in medicine, surgery, and psychiatry. It recently opened a state-of-the-art Women’s Clinic designed to provide gender specific care under one roof. Additional expansions at the medical center include the Spinal Cord Injury Unit and Mental Health Unit.
- Veterans Service Records, National Archives
- Obtain your military records.
- Military One Source
- Military One Source portal is to support and maintain mission readiness for Army, Navy, Marine, and Air Force by assisting individuals and families with adaptation to the challenges and demands of military operations and lifestyle using social media tools with one simple click. To locate Department of Defense policies, procedures, timely articles, cutting edge social media tools, and support, explore Military One Source.
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Program
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Program is an employment assistance program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
- Langley Airman & Family Readiness Center
- The Airman & Family Readiness Center supports individuals, families, and leadership with programs and services to strengthen communities, encourage self-sufficiency, enhance mission readiness and ease adaptation to the Air Force way of life. A&FRC provides workshops and individual consultations for active duty members, Guard, Reserve, DOD Civilians, military retirees and their eligible family members
- US Army Survivor Outreach Services
- Survivor Outreach Services is the official Army program designed to provide long term support to surviving Families of Fallen Soldiers
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services (DVS) offers a range of services for veterans and their family members—everything from assistance with filing for claims to certifying educational programs. The website also provides links to fast breaking news and announcements of interest to the military and veteran communities.
- Virginia Veteran and Family Support | Virginia Department of Veteran Services
- Veteran and Family Support (VVFS) (formerly the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program) monitors and coordinates behavioral health, rehabilitative, and supportive services through an integrated, and responsive system of care.
- DMV To Go
- DMV 2 Go is a fleet of five mobile customer service centers that bring Department of Motor Services (DMV) services to Virginians at convenient locations, including military bases.
- Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- The Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary membership association that "Connects Business with Opportunity" through Facilitation, Advocacy, Communication and Education. This is the "FACE" of the Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce.
- Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
- The Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board is the premier provider of behavioral health care and services for individuals and families affected by intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Hampton-Newport News Community Criminal Justice Agency
- The Hampton-Newport News Criminal Justice Agency promotes public safety by providing community-based pretrial and post-conviction programs.
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Veterans from all periods of military service are eligible for job referral, job training and job placement assistance through the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC). Veterans may access these employment services through a statewide network of VEC Local offices. We also work with those that are currently transitioning out of the military. If you would like to know more about Virginia's Veteran Program or their partnerships, visit http://www.vec.virginia.gov/veterans.
Other Family Support Organizations
- Armed Services YMCA
- Blue Star Families
- Gold Star Mothers
- Fisher House Foundation
- USO of Hampton Roads and Central Virginia
VETERAN SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS (with local chapters)
- American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Mesothelioma Veterans Center
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Military Women across the Nation
- Navy Wives Clubs Of America
- Retired Armed Forces Club, Inc
- Tuskegee Airmen Inc.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars