Extreme Home Repair Blitz
Habitat for Humanity, the City of Hampton, and the City of Newport News are joining forces to help elderly, veterans, disabled, or low income homeowners in the Wythe neighborhood Hampton and the bordering streets in Newport News make repairs to the outside of their homes.
The Extreme Home Repair Blitz provides exterior services such as:
- Repairs to ramps, rails, and porches
- Outside painting and siding
- Window repairs
- Power washing & debris removal
- Outdoor clean-up
- And more!
*All labor and materials are provided by community sponsors and volunteers to eligible homeowners for a minimal fee, possibly FREE!
- Interested homeowners in designated areas can complete the online form or download an application.
- Interested sponsors can get more information by visiting https://www.habitatpgw.org/store/p25/hrb.html.
- All those interested in being a team leader should visit http://vhub.at/habitatpgw.
To learn more about the blitz and Habitat for Humanity, visit Habitat for Humanity.
To learn more or to request information, please call 757-727-8311 if you live in the City of Hampton or 757-933-2311 if you live in the City of Newport News.
Jan. 7, 2020 - Join the City of Hampton and an expert design team, including people from flood-prone New Orleans, to discuss pilot projects designed to improve Hampton's water resilience. Read on...
Nov. 5, 2019 - The Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee is looking for two new members to help advise city staff on bicycle and pedestrian-related matters. The seven-member committee also assists in implementing the goals of Bike Walk Hampton. Read on...
Sept. 24, 2019 - Gov. Ralph Northam said a series of regional town halls will be held across Virginia starting Wednesday, Sept. 25, to educate residents about the upcoming 2020 Census and provide opportunities to meet with Census job recruiters. Read on...