Historical Fort Monroe Picture Biking Scavenger Hunt Instructions
Fort Monroe Community Center put together a picture biking scavenger hunt to make it fun for everyone to see the amazing sites on Fort Monroe. Come get some exercise, enjoy the outdoors, and see some historical and scenic views. There are three different routes that differ in length for you to choose from. View the route map (PDF) and the clue map (PDF).
There are also two types of scavenger hunts — Fast & Active or Leisure & Creative:
Fast and Active Scavenger Hunt
This is for those who are up to the challenge to find the clues in the fastest time to compete against others on a time based challenge. You can race against your friends (at the same time) and/or against the clock for others who have already completed the scavenger hunt at another time. The Fort Monroe Community Center will be the start and finishing place for the scavenger hunt and will keep your time of how long it takes you to complete it. Everyone who completes the scavenger hunt will be put on a list with the "team name" and time to see how you have done against others who have completed it. Rules:
- In order to complete a task everyone in the group must be in every picture with the item from the scavenger hunt list. Obviously the one taking the picture doesn't have to be in it.
- The item from the scavenger hunt list must be clear & easy to see in the picture and of course the correct item in the picture
Leisure and Creative Scavenger Hunt
This is for those who don't want to be rushed and enjoy the history, the views, and the journey of the scavenger hunt. You will still have to find the entire list of scavenger hunt items but you will be competing for the most creative pictures. This can be a leisure time biking around Fort Monroe with your family, friends or significant other capturing amazing pictures along the way. Rules:
- In order to complete a task everyone in the group must be in every picture with the item from the scavenger hunt list with the exception of the photo taker.
- The item from the scavenger hunt list must be clear & easy to see in the picture and of course the correct item in the picture.
- If there are only two people you have to take turns being in the picture so it's about equal or bonus points for finding someone to take the picture for you or being creative and putting your phone on a timer.
What You Need
- Your own Cell Phone/Camera to capture the items and to keep the memories with you.
- A bike! Bikes can be rented for all ages at Fort Monroe Community Center. $5 for members and $10 for non-members. Price is per bike and a 2-hour time block.
- Comfortable shoes and clothes to bike, walk or run in.
For more information, please call 757-727-6831.