Winter Break Camps
Operation Winter Break begins when Hampton City Schools are dismissed for winter break. Parents or guardians must provide food and snack for campers. Field trips are an additional cost. Parks members-only camp is for ages 6-15; open camp is for ages 6-10 and ages 11-15; and Therapeutic Recreation for those with special needs. More details below.
Hampton Parks, Recreation & Leisure Services annual membership required.
- Cost: $30/week per participant
- Ages: 6-15
- Times: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Open recreation: 2-6 p.m.
- YH Thomas Community Center, 1300 Thomas St., (757) 727-1200
- North Phoebus Community Center, 249 West Chamberlin Ave., (757) 727-1160
- Little England Cultural Center, 3922 Kecoughtan Road, (757) 727-0821
Enjoy fun-filled activities complete with cool adventures through learning how to swim, rock climbing and much more. Teen activities include swimming, art and design, field trips, and more.
- Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Ages: 6-10 and 11-15
- Members: $16/day
- Non-members: $25/day
- Must provide own lunch and snack.
- Fort Monroe Community Center, 100 Stilwell Road, (757) 727-6831
- Northampton Community Center, 1435-A Todds Lane, (757) 825-4805
- West Hampton Community Center, 1638 Briarfield Road, (757) 896-4687
For those with special needs. Therapeutic Recreation offers a winter break camp when schools are out for winter break. Participants will enjoy field trips, games, arts & crafts and more.
- Cost: $100/week
- Without assessment: $130/week
- Ages: 5½-22
- Times: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Therapeutic Recreation Center, 757-728-1710