Buckroe Beach & Park
About the Park
Buckroe Beach and Park borders the magnificent Chesapeake Bay with three-quarters of a mile of clean beach. Lifeguards are on duty Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Available for rent are three picnic shelters with nine tables and 1 grill each; an observation pier with a shelter; and a stage pavilion for community events, private events and entertainment. A spacious nautical-themed playground will entertain the children. There are large restroom facilities with outdoor showers next to the playground and ample open space year round. Note: No electricity or water is available at the shelters.
No dogs or other pets are allowed on the boardwalk, on the beach, or in the park area on the bay side of First Street from May 15 to Sept 15. Park rangers are on duty year-round.
- Hours: Sunrise to sunset
- Lifeguards on site Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day weekend,
10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Picnic shelters for rent
- Stage pavilion for rent
- Fishing Pier
- Food carts & trucks
- Shuttle Service (complimentary)
- The beach is closed during inclement weather.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted.
- Swimming beyond the swim buoys prohibited.
- No Styrofoam coolers allowed.
- No tents or portable gazebos allowed.
- No balloons allowed.
- Dogs and all other pets are prohibited in all areas of park and beach — including the green space, facilities, boardwalk, and beach — from May 15 to Sept. 15.
- All dogs must be on a leash during allowed dates.
- No personal watercraft, fishing, or scuba diving gear are permitted.
- No open fires; including portable grills, fire pits, and hot oil cooking or deep frying.
- Skateboards and bicycles are allowed on the bike path only.
- No person shall ride or lead any horse or similar animal.
- No littering.
- No radio- or remote-controlled vehicles.
- Feeding wildlife prohibited.
- No person may in any way alter, damage, remove, or deface any park property, including plant vegetation, equipment, and park structures.