National Novel Writing Month
National Novel Writing Month Events at Main Library
Do you have an interest in creative writing? Looking for a place to start, or some inspirational support during your journey?
During the month of November each year, Hampton Public Library celebrates National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo) with writing workshops and other inspirational events, as well as providing a home for monthlong Come Write In sessions in our inspiring and peaceful Special Collections Department. Whether you are working on a novel or wish to try your hand at poetry, creative nonfiction, or fiction, we hope you’ll join us for writing prompts and inspiration.
Some of our past events include:
- Kickoff Film focusing on writers overcoming obstacles to achieve success
- Come Write In! sessions available all month during the open hours of the Special Collections Department
- Micro Poetry, Creative Nonfiction, and Micro Fiction Workshops
- Sisters in Crime Mystery Writing Workshop
- Inspiration Zone and Writer’s Resources Collection available during Main Library hours
Please check the library calendar for times/locations of our specific events this year.
Register in person or by phone at (757) 727-1312. Space is limited. If you have any questions about the program, ask for Rita.