Thank you for choosing Hampton Healthy Families. We strive to help you have the best possible birth and new-parent experiences. In addition to free in-person childbirth classes, we offer online "Understanding Birth" e-classes where preparing parents can learn at their own pace. The online course includes eight chapters taking you from pregnancy through postpartum care.
E-class: ’Understanding Birth’
- Sign up for online birthing class.
- Learn at home online.
- Progress at your pace.
- Features videos, activities, illustrations and quizzes.
- Cost: $25.
- Sample a demo class for Chapter 1: Pregnancy.
Additional childbirth resources and support services
In addition to birthing classes online, we offer free in-person classes and one-day workshops for expectant and new parents — "Childbirth: Let’s Get Ready," drop-in infant massage classes, playgroups and other parenting resource programs.
- Birth and early childhood programs.
- If you’d like to take one of our in-person prenatal programs before your eighth month of pregnancy, we recommend preregistration.
- Call (757) 727-1300, Opt. 3, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to preregister.
Hampton Healthy Families offers a FREE, in-person, resource visit for families with children from the prenatal stage to 3 years old. This visit is personalized for each family and will connect your family to supportive community resources and may include home visits with a certified parent educator.
Contact Healthy Families
- Main phone number: (757) 727-1300, Opt. 3
- Direct phone number for Resource and Support Services: 757-727-2601
- Address: 100 Old Hampton Lane, Hampton VA 23669
- Childbirth: Let’s Get Ready (Labor and My Baby – LAMB) classes are held at Hampton Sentara Careplex
Note: Call your healthcare provider if you think you are in labor or if you are having pain, bleeding, or other health concerns. Please preregister with your delivering hospital before your eighth month.