COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
While Hampton city residents are encouraged to take precautions during the pandemic, the Economic Development team is here to provide business resource information and assistance during this time. Even if our staff is working from home, you can still reach them. Please visit our contact us page to email one of our staff members.
You can continue to stay up-to-date by visiting our website and social media outlets for breaking news on COVID-19 and the city’s response. We will continue to update this website as new information becomes available.
Downloadable and printable signs for businesses
Visit our complete page of COVID-19 posters that businesses are free to post at their location.
Key Governor’s Orders and FAQs
State & Local Resources:
- Rebuild VA Grant Fund
- Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD)
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Virginia Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) – Hampton Office
- Virginia Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- eVA – Virginia’s eProcurement Portal– Department of General Services
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news from Gov. Northam on the actions being taken in Virginia in regard to COVID-19.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Federal Resources for Small Businesses — relevant federal agency resources, news, and more to help small businesses affected by COVID-19.
- The SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL)
The SBA will work directly with state governors to provide targeted, low-interest loans to small businesses and non-profits that have been severely impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19). The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
For a step-by-step explanation on how to apply for this loan, please watch this webinar from the SBA.
- Guidelines on the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- 6 Questions and Answers and More Information About the Stimulus