Feb. 4, 2020 - Travel Awaits, a website featuring international travel destinations, has posted an article entitled “8 Reasons To Put Hampton, Virginia On Your Bucket List.” Hampton was noted for its lively waterfront downtown area, live music, air and space museum, activities on the bay, and delicious seafood.
The 8 Reasons:
- It’s steeped in history
- It’s home to the Virginia Air & Space Center
- Its old fort is free to visit
- Its Phoebus Neighborhood is charming
- You can take a tour of the harbor and Chesapeake Bay
- It’s got a vibrant downtown area
- You can sample fresh seafood
- There are festivals all year long
Among the attractions featured are the Hampton History Museum, the Hampton University Museum, Virginia Air & Space Center, Casemate Museum, Hampton Carousel, the Miss Hampton II cruise and the Emancipation Oak. Restaurants that got a shout-out include Mango Mangeaux, The Point, Brown Chicken Brown Cow, The Grey Goose, the Deadrise and Graham & Rollins.
The travel site covers domestic and international attractions, with a goal of sharing "the world’s unique, hidden and once in a lifetime locations with you to create unforgettable memories."