Sept. 12, 2023 - City Council will hear updates about the some of the city's capital projects, a new small-business assistance program, and developments at Fort Monroe in it's afternoon meeting at 1 p.m. Sept. 13. You can view it live here.
On the schedule is:
- Updates on the plans for a marina expansion and development, as well as the African Landing Memorial.
- The new small business project coordinator and customer service ombudsman, xxxxx, will explain a significant change in the process for getting a new small business started has changed, with a single person helping very early in the process to create a path to success
- Updates on capital projects in the areas of excellence in government, living with water, safe and clean community, and placemaking.
In the evening meeting, which begins at 6:30 p.m., City Council is scheduled to consider:
- A rezoning request for outdoor storage of motor homes and recreational vehicles on Potter Lane
- A use permit for a veterinarian's offie at Coliseum Crossing
- The renewal of a lease with New Cingular Wireless for a telecommunications facility/equipment at 300 Butler Farm Road
- A temporary construction easement to allow VDOT access to a portion of the City Landfill, 100 North Park Lane, so they can do work on their adjacent property.
Both meetings are open to the public and will take place at City Hall, 22 Lincoln St. They will be broadcast on Cox Channel 47 and Verizon channel 22 and streamed at hampton.gov/livetv.